American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Provide a club for civil engineering majors that bridges the gap between education and the professional world by interaction with professionals and other associated extracurricular activities both on and off campus.
- Meeting Times: Owens 219, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Daniel Iwicki
- Advisor: Charles Riley, 541.885.1922
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
To promote the benefits of continuing education and engineering while embracing diversity, integrity, and change.
- Meeting Times: TBA, Friday
- President: Kynan Nordal
- Advisor: Joshua Millard, 541.885.1987
Arts Literature and Philosophy Club (ALP)
To promote humanities; especially literature, philosophy, and the arts.
- Meeting Times: SE142, Friday 5:00pm
- President: Neal Curtis-Duguay
- Advisor: Ben Bunting, 541.885.1255
Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
In the AEE Club, we provide hands on experience with engineering projects, and go on regular tours to power plants in the local area. We are an avenue to learn and explore science in a supportive atmosphere, and complete community outreach programs.
- Meeting Times: PV202, Tuesday 5:00pm
- President: David Canrell
- Advisor: Feng Shi, 541.885.1257
Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI)
Oregon Tech Unmanned Systems (OTUS) is affiliated with the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI). As a group, we research and develop unmanned vehicle systems, whether on land, in air, or under water.
The purpose of this organization is to ignite interest on unmanned vehicles, provide warm-hearted environments to learn, practice, and challenge cutting-edge technologies, and further develop innovative unmanned vehicles and robotics technologies so that the members could lead state-of-the-art technologies, compete student competitions, perform research and education while building strong communication with regional companies, non-/profit agencies, governmental bodies directly or indirectly through AUVSI Chapter by participating in the events or activities or providing outreach programs to regional or national communities.
Follow us on Twitter:
- Meeting Times: CO117, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Kai Hattan
- Advisor: Dongbin (Don) Lee, 541.885.1762; firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbell club is for those who want to learn, practice, and compete in Olympic weightlifting. Anyone is welcome to try it out, regardless of experience or skill. It is a perfect outlet for those who want to improve their overall fitness and meet other people from around campus in a team atmosphere.
- Meeting Times: Klamath Strength and Conditioning, M/T/R/F 5:00pm
- President: Jessica Conrad
- Advisor: Jennifer Barvarskas, 541.885.1806
Blue Zones Club
The purpose of the club is to embody the Power 9 Principles which are established in the Blue Zones Project. These are Downshift, 80% Rule, Plant Slant, Coffee at 5, Move Naturally, Right Tribe, Family First, Belong, and Purpose. This club is about making the healthier choice, the easier choice. Another facet is the community involvement with the Blue Zones Club in cooperation with the program in the downtown area as well as side projects.
- Meeting Times: Upper CU, Thursday 6:00pm
- President: Nicole Carter
- Advisor: Christy VanRooyen, 541.885.0959
The purpose of Oregon Tech Christian Fellowship is to have fellowship in a Christian context. This endeavor is two-fold, including worship of God and encouraging fellowship with each other. We meet weekly to fulfill this goal, and our time includes worship, a relevant message from one of many various local pastors, and fellowship time. Our nondenominational club is welcome to all, students and the public alike. Come join us, we welcome your presence in our club! "Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe." 1 Timothy 4:12
- Meeting Times: Mt. Bailey/Theilsen, Friday 7:00pm
- President: Ben Abshier
- Advisor: Ed Daniels, 541.885.1117
Circle K is the college-level of Key Club, which is a student run organization that provides community service to the Oregon Tech campus, Klamath Falls community, and global organizations.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, Wednesdays 5:00pm
- President: Miranda Parsons
- Advisor: Kristen Konkel, 541.885.1839
Our purpose is to promote a healthy lifestyle while still having a great time and making memories. We will be going to the local rock climbing gym in town every week in order to accomplish this goal. Eventually, we would like to do special events such as a field trip to get belay certified among other fun events.
- Meeting Times: Yeti's Lair Climbing Gym: 369 S 6th St, Monday 4:00pm
- President: Noah Sharrott
- Advisor: Diana Angeli, 541.885.1105
Computer Literacy Project
1. The purpose of this organization is to assist OIT's Project Lead the Way (PLTW) affiliate program and offer support in implementing the PLTW program.
2. Create learning opportunities for local Schools in the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics with a focus on Computer Technologies.
- Meeting Times: Purvine/CU, one Saturday a month
- President: Michael Roberts
- Advisor: Nyesia Driver, 541.851.5176
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS)
The DMS Club strives to build a relationship between the Sophomore and Junior DMS classes while bettering our local and campus communities. Additionally, we hope to raise awareness about the importance of preventative healthcare and what Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound entails. We also raise funds throughout the year to finance an end-of-year banquet that celebrates the accomplishments of the Junior class, and instructor appreciation, before advancing to externship.
- Meeting Times:
- President: Tanja Coomes
- Advisor: Bobbi Kowash, 541.885.0946
To bring arts to the Klamath basin, specifically Oregon Tech.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, 1st and 3rd Friday every month
- President: Jesse Sundet
- Advisor: Lindsey Davis, 541.851.5267
To provide help and support for students in the Echocardiography program and students applying to the program. To plan the end of the year banquet for students to celebrate going on externship.
- Meeting Times: DOW115, Thursday 2:00pm
- President: Zach O'Neill
- Advisor: Barry Canaday, 541.885.1929
Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
The Engineers Without Borders Club (EWB-USA Oregon Tech) is a collection of students who strive to bring better living conditions to the native people of southern Tanzania, Africa.
- Meeting Times: BH138, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Christopher Anderson
- Advisor: David Thaemert, 541.885.1518
Epsilon Eta Sigma
An engineering honor society for upper-division students based on Tau Beta Pi.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, Monday 5:00pm
- President: Gwendoline Jones
- Advisor: Sean St Clair, 541.885.1602
Formula SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers)
Formula SAE® is a student design competition organized by SAE International. The concept behind Formula SAE is that a fictional manufacturing company has contracted a student design team to develop a small Formula-style race car. Our goal is to design, build, test, and race in the annual Formula SAE® competition.
- Meeting Times: PV208, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Nathan Endner
- Advisor: Brian Moravec, 541.885.1647
- Meeting Times: OW216, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Mosier Locke
- Advisor: Mason Marker, 541.885.1523
To spread the Hawaiian culture at Oregon Tech and to unite the Hawaiian family at Oregon tech.
- Meeting Times:
- President: Jarrett Taira
- Advisor: Ka'iulani EvansBautista, 541.885.1668
Health Sciences Club
The purpose of this organization is to assist members in professional growth as an aspiring healthcare professional with opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in their medical field of interest, community service and volunteering, information and trips to professional schools, professional development, educational assistance while at Oregon Tech, and overall help members in accomplishing their goals.
- Meeting Times: DOW100, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Jessica Thiel
- Advisor: Rosalind McClure, 541.885.1525
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Club (IEEE Club)
To further the knowledge and goals of the national IEEE through electronics projects, lectures, and study sessions for any Oregon Tech student interested in learning.
- Meeting Times: PV251, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Joseph Galbraith
- Advisor: Eve Klopf, 541-885-1957
Oregon Tech's International Club! Anyone is welcome to join. We are dedicated to bringing people of different cultures and backgrounds together through fun, diverse events. Our main program is in the spring which is our International Banquet.
- Meeting Times: DC, Thursday 6:00pm
- President: Jesse Alves
- Advisor: Josie Hudspeth, 541.885.1392
Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), whose mission is to build a visibly cohesive community of national and international honor societies, individually and collaboratively exhibiting excellence in scholarship, service, programs, and governance.
- Meeting Times: Mt. Bailey, Friday 5:00pm
- President: Michael Burton
- Advisor: Veronica Koehn, 541.885.1677
Martial Arts Club
The Oregon Tech Martial arts club provides a safe and relaxed environment for students to continue their martial arts training or begin training for the first time.
- Meeting Times: Mirror Room, Monday 4:00pm
- President: Kathryn Rooney
- Advisor: Randall Paul, 541.885.1467
The goal of the RSO is to provide a safe environment for students to learn more about God and the Catholic religion.
- Meeting Times: Sunset, Friday 6:00pm
- President: Andrew Taylor
- Advisor: Leticia Hill 541.885.1133
Nuclear Medicine Club
To professionally represent and advocate for the nuclear medicine program on campus.
- Meeting Times: Varies
- President: Melissa Craig
- Advisor: Vanessa Bennett, 541.885.1574
Nursing Students without Borders
Nursing Students Without Borders (NSWB) keeps nursing students informed, connected, and participating in global health issues on campus, locally, and globally.
- Meeting Times: DOW 3rd Floor, Time varies
- President: Ashley Holder
- Advisor: Barbara Hunter, 541.885.1372
OIT Rowing Club
Learn to row racing shells. Become more physically fit while enjoying the outdoors. We may eventually compete with other colleges.
- Meeting Times: Ewauna Row House, Veteran's Park, Monday 5:00pm, Thursday 5:00pm, Saturday 9:00am
- President: Kasey Zandt
- Advisor: Randall Paul, 541.885.1467
Oregon Tech Blacksmithing Club
A collection of students who wish to develop metalworking and smelting skills, both traditional and modern, while understanding the processes behind them. A goal of the club is to eventually compete in the TMS International Bladesmithing competition.
- Meeting Times: BH198, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Jackson Sany
- Advisor: Josh Millard, 541.885.1987
Oregon Tech Gaming Society
To create a welcoming society of unified gamers of all skill levels from the Oregon Tech community for both casual and competitive play.
- Meeting Times: http://discord.gg/K7Tga4s (lobby voice channel), Monday 7:00pm
- President: Quinn McHie
- Advisor: Andrew Coomes
Oregon Tech Native American Student Union
The purpose of the Oregon Tech Native American Student Union is to represent the Native American Students, supporting supporting their concerns and fulfilling their needs as Native Americans. Additionally, the NASU is also dedicated to informing and educating the campus about Native American issues and concerns, and culture.
- Meeting Times: Lower Purvine Hall, Friday 4:45pm
- President: Diane Miller
- Advisor: Christina Rubidoux, 541.851.5268
Oregon Tech Racing Baja
The purpose of OTR Baja is to represent OIT at the annual SAE competition. Baja provides real world experience to a variety of majors including Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, and Business. The Baja club also allows students to work on such skills as mechanics, small group discussion, problem solving, teamwork, leadership, time management, and innovation.
- Meeting Times: Purvine Small Auditorium, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Lander Nordal
- Advisor: Brian Moravec, 541.885.1647
Oregon Tech Riders (Ski & Snowboard club)
We shred the gnar
- Meeting Times: Upper CU, Wednesday 6:00pm
- President: Chase Cindric
- Advisor: Stuart Sockman, 541.885.1225
Oregon Tech Rocketry and Aerospace
This club is devoted to identifying and growing research and project opportunities in the field of aerospace here at OIT with a particular emphasis on "new space race" projects.
- Meeting Times: Place TBD, Tuesday 6:00pm
- President: David Minar
- Advisor: Sean Sloan, 541.885.0927
Oregon Tech Soccer Club
The purpose of this club is to provide a flexible, fun alternative for students on the Oregon Tech campus as well as individuals in the community to interact and increase physical activity through practices, leagues, learning about the sport.
- Meeting Times: Soccer/Track Field, Sunday 12:00pm
- President: Elizabet Ferrer
- Advisor: Trevor Petersen, 541.885.0849
Oregon Tech Social Dancing Club
The purpose of this organization is to provide a place for students to learn and dance a variety of different dance styles in a fun and social setting.
- Meeting Times: Mirror Room, Tuesday 7:30pm
- President: Kai Hattan
- Advisor: Terri Torres, 541-885-1468
Oregon Tech Spirit Squad
Our mission is to promote and enhance existing school spirit at games and events.
- Meeting Times: Mirror Room, Monday and Wednesday 6:00pm
- President: Kirsten Kepler
- Advisor: Kristy Weidman, 541.851.5106
Oregon Tech Sustainability Club
The purpose of OTSC is to advocate, promote and implement sustainable practices on Oregon Tech's campus through student projects, education, and volunteering. The club will also be responsible for the Campus Community Vegetable Garden, located in the arboretum above campus. We welcome and encourage anyone to join and share their passion for sustainability!
- Meeting Times: DOW E255, Monday 4:00pm
- President: Chloe Smith
- Advisor: Aja BettencourtMcCarthy, 541.885.1767
Performing Musicians Club
To play music at school events and in the community.
- Meeting Times: CU Auditorium, Monday and Wednesday 6:00pm
- President: Zachary Gouverneur
- Advisor: Mason Marker, 541-885-1523
Phi Delta Theta
The brothers of the Oregon Delta chapter of Phi Delta Theta exhibit a cohesive bond of unity unlike any other club on the Oregon Tech campus. Our members come from diverse experiential and cultural backgrounds which stimulates the personal development of each person. Our involvement in the school and our community is unparalleled by any club on campus. We strive to bring out the best in each other and in ourselves. We pursue fellowship through common interests, service, and camaraderie. We offer acceptance regardless of race, religion, or social status and challenge each other every day to become better men than we were the day before. The men of Oregon Delta are a collegiate family.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, Sunday 7:00pm
- President: Tyler Harris
- Advisor: Josie Hudspeth, 541.885.1392
The Psi Chi chapter at Oregon Tech is an altruistic group with goals of providing volunteer services to various local agencies and resources and education for ambitious students of Applied Psychology. Chapter membership facilitates interaction amongst students with similar interests and provides the opportunity to develop one-on-one relationships with professors.
- Meeting Times: Semon Conference Room, Tuesday 2:00pm
- President: Haleigh Aubut
- Advisor: Trevor Petersen, 541-885-0849
The purpose of the psychology club is to help psychology majors become more closely related and to participate in a wide variety of psychology related activities.
- Meeting Times: Mt. McLoughlin, Monday 2:00pm
- President: Kayla Pershall
- Advisor: Trevor Petersen, 541.885.0849
Respiratory Care Program
We provide the community with health screening relating to respiratory care. The club will also provide respiratory health screening on OIT's campus to help current respiratory students get more hands on experience and to help current OIT students evaluate their current health status. The club will also help respiratory students attend professional conferences and seminars to help aid their success in completing the Respiratory Care Bachelor's program.
- Meeting Times: DOW E246, Monday 4:00pm
- President: Sarah Adams
- Advisor: Sarah Woodman, 541-885-1971
The purpose of the Saudi Club is to serve as a link that connects all Saudi students and help introduce the true Saudi culture to other OIT students!
- Meeting Times: Mt Thielson, Friday 2:00pm
- President: Zainab Almualim
- Advisor: Eklas Hossain, 541.885.1516
Society of Women Engineers
Provides women engineering students a place to connect with others on an academic and social level. We plan community events promoting engineering and attend beneficial conferences to help build connections and opportunities for future engineering careers.
- Meeting Times: Women's Resource Center, Time TBD
- President: Kami Kutsunai
- Advisor: Irina Demeshko, 541.885.1456
Students in Communications
The purpose of the Oregon Tech Students in Communications (SIC) Club is to represent the students majoring in Communication Studies at Oregon Tech, support them while they pursue their degree, and assist them in fulfilling their needs as a Communication major. SIC is an affiliate of the Student Clubs of the National Communication Association.
- Meeting Times: SE128, Monday 3:00pm
- President: Brody Hadley
- Advisor: Dan Peterson, 541.885.1531
Our purpose is to bring together tennis players of all skill levels in a competitive, fun, and social game of organized tennis.
- Meeting Times: Henley High School, Friday 5:30pm
- President: Samantha Bixler
- Advisor: Michael Hughes, 541.885.1642
The Latino Club
The Latino Club is dedicated to empowering Latino students and bringing together the minority community.
- Meeting Times: TBD
- President: Piedad Gonzalez -Diaz
- Advisor: Terri Torres, 541.885.1468
Trading Card Game Club
The purpose of this organization is to promote the play of various trading card games to the students at OIT, support student play in tournaments, introduce new players to the game, provide a supportive environment for student players of all skill levels and backgrounds.
- Meeting Times: Sunset, Friday 5:00pm
- President: Quentin Vargas
- Advisor: Franny Howes, 541.885.0339
Ultimate Frisbee Club
Get a group of students together who want to play Ultimate Frisbee regardless of skill level.
- Meeting Times: Grass Field
- President: Ryan Hemphill
- Advisor: Matt Munhall, 541.885.0055
The purpose of the Vascular Club is to educate the students of OIT on the many different aspects of vascular ultrasound technology. We engage in community service events to benefit the Klamath Falls community and organize fundraising events that allow us the opportunity to attend educational conferences on our science.
- Meeting Times: DOW103, Every other Thursday 2:00pm
- President: Micah Blakely
- Advisor: Chris Caster, 541.885.1993
Explore and understand radio. To get individual members there officially licensed for HAM radio. As well as to provide any information about HAM to those who seek it. Member will also participate in asteroid searching.
- Meeting Times: Purvine Main Lobby, Monday 5:00pm
- President: Leonel Almaraz
- Advisor: Eve Klopf, 541.885.1957