Fall Re-Opening Date
September 21, 2020
Oregon Tech’s resumption plan incorporates phased and gradual steps, which can be altered quickly as local conditions warrant. For a further understanding, reference the Re-Opening Plan and Preparedness Guide below.
Phase I Restricted Return - June 22 through July 30 with additional activities allowed August 1 - 31 (including athletic teams returning to practice).
Individuals will be expected to:
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and remain at home if symptomatic or ill.
- Prioritize personal hygiene by washing hands frequently, covering coughs and sneezes, and avoiding face touching and handshaking.
- Clean personal workspace (office, desk) and living spaces frequently.
- Wear face coverings in enclosed public and common areas or when interacting with others, in accordance with the university’s Face Covering Procedures during our response to COVID-19.
- Routinely engage in physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Stay informed about latest local and general COVID-19 related developments via resources such as the Oregon Health Authority website.
- Reinforce university public health practices and messaging within the workplace, classrooms,and other areas of engagement.
Phase II Modified Operations, the desired state for fall term is September 1, 2020 and this plan provides the detail (by campus location - see below for page numbers). Since the Governor has indicated Phase 3 will not occur until a vaccine is available, Oregon Tech's plan has only two phases, with Phase II being the desired state for the start of activities for the fall term.
Pending approval, the desired state for Fall 2020 term includes:
- Employees working on campus (with modifications)
- Classes using rooms sized to maintain physical distancing
- Internships in place for students
- Full residence hall and dining center operations (with modifications)
- Campus student services and centers open (with modifications)
- Activities and events use 2x capacity room or space
- Athletic team practice and competition (events modified)