Policies and Procedures for Hosting Groups/Guests
To learn more about Oregon University System's Policies and Procedures:
- Navigate to www.ous.edu/state_board/polipro
- From Policies and Procedures, click on Fiscal Policy Manual.
- Page down to the PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING section and click on Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- On the OUS Financial Administration Standard Operating Manual (FASOM) page, arrow down to Entertainment and Hosting Expenses and Groups and Guest - Refreshment, Meals, Transportation, and Hosting Non-Employees.
Procurement Cards and Hosting Groups/Guests
Procurement cards may be used for hosting as follows:
- When hosting groups, the Procurement Card may be used to pay for the event. However, it may not be used to purchase alcohol. Tips should not exceed 15%. A hosting form must be attached to the monthly Procurement Card reconciliation and all hosting provisions adhered to in terms of meeting agenda, timing, and business / University purpose.
Procurement Cards may NOT be used for hosting as follows:
- For larger events, direct payment to the vendor is the preferred method of payment.
- As an absolute rule, the Procurement Card may not be used to purchase alcohol.
- Tip(s) exceeding15%.