How to Apply
- Review admission requirements below.
- Complete an application for Graduate admission and submit by the application deadline.
- Complete checklist below for US or international students.
- See individual department page for any additional requirements.
Submit all application materials to:Office of Admissions
Oregon Institute of Technology
3201 Campus Drive
Klamath Falls, OR 97601-8801
Apply to a Graduate Program Now
To be considered for admission to a graduate program, an applicant must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, as well as a scholastic record that evidences the ability to perform satisfactory graduate work. Specifically, a student shall:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Have attained a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 90 quarter (60 semester) units attempted
- Have attained a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 45 quarter hours in the major
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study
- Pass qualifying examinations required by specific programs.
Apply as a Degree-Seeking US Resident Student
Degree-seeking students must submit the following items to the Office of Admissions before the deadlines specified on this page (unless noted otherwise on the department page). Please be aware that some departments only take new applicants for fall term. See department page for more information.
- An official admissions application, along with a $50 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is waived for applicants who are currently attending Oregon Tech or who graduated from Oregon Tech within the previous two years.
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary educational institution attended.
Individual programs may have additional requirements. Applicants must submit all required items before admission to the graduate program will be considered. Submitting the items, however, does not ensure admission. Applicants will receive official notification of admission after a review of the application by the Office of Admissions and the graduate program department.
Apply as an International Degree-Seeking Graduate Student
Oregon Tech must assess the academic preparation of international students. For this purpose, international students, including those who hold US visas as student exchange visitors or other non-immigrant classifications, should apply early. Official transcripts must be on file at least eight weeks before registration for the first term and, if not written in English, must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
All international applicants from countries in which English is not the native language must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Since the results of this test constitute part of the material reviewed for admission to graduate studies at Oregon Tech, students should arrange to have the Educational Testing Service send their scores to the Office of Admissions well before the application deadline.
The following is an application checklist for degree-seeking international students:
- Submit the graduate application for admission with the $50 (US) application fee.
- Official academic transcripts of all university course work sent to Oregon Tech.
- For university course work done outside the USA, transcripts must be reviewed by an evaluation service. A "course-by-course evaluation" or a "detail report" is necessary. View all of the Evaluation companies that Oregon Tech accepts.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language is required. Official test scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS) are acceptable. A minimum score of 550 paper-based TOEFL, 213 computer-based TOEFL, 68 Internet-based TOEFL, or minimum of 6 on the IELTS is required for consideration. This requirement may be waived for some students whose primary language is English. View which countries are exempt.
- Students currently in the United States should submit a photocopy of their current I-20, visa, and passport.
Further information on international students admission may be found through the Office of Admissions.
Oregon Tech encourages all prospective students to submit graduate application materials six to nine months in advance of the planned enrollment date. However, applications will be accepted any time before the deadlines listed below. The recommended entrance time is Fall term.
- Fall Term: September 6
- Winter Term: December 18
- Spring Term: March 11
- Summer Term: June 3
Oregon Tech Admissions