The Financial Aid Office is committed to providing high-quality service to all students, their families, and the community. As part of that commitment, the office strives to provide information that is accurate, easy to understand and enables students to make decisions regarding educational funding.
Requirements for Financial Aid Eligibility
Title IV Authorization/Prior Year Authorization
After accepting your awards and registering for classes you will need to log back into your Web for Student account and sign the Title IV Authorization and Prior Year Authorization.
Title IV Authorization: Allows Oregon Tech to apply your federal financial aid funds to student account charges other than tuition and fees (i.e. interest, late fees, housing, books, etc.) during the current year.
Title IV Prior Year Authorization: Allows Oregon Tech to apply your financial aid funds to any student account charges that were accumulated during prior award years (i.e. past due balances).
These documents must be signed in order to receive financial aid. To sign the authorizations follow the steps listed below:
- Go to www.oit.edu/login
- Under Direct Links
- Select “Web for Student” and log in following the instructions on the page.
- Select the “Financial Aid” tab
- Select “Financial Aid Menu”
- Select “Eligibility Requirements for Aid Year”
- Select and complete “Title IV Authorization”
- Select and complete “Title IV Prior Year Authorization”