Okay, so we all know that housing provides a room, but what are the other benefits of living on campus?
Here are just few of the advantages of living on campus:
- Countless opportunities to meet new people and develop lasting friendships
- Social, educational and recreational opportunities
- Rates include electricity, heat, water, sewer, waste removal, Internet connection and internet based entertainment services
- Service Desk staff for help with packages as well as access to kitchen utensils and other items for residential student use
- Easy walking distance to campus services, labs, classrooms, library, the College Union and athletic facilities - no commuting hassles!
- Trained staff available for study, study groups and social events
- A big-screen TV and Snack Bar
- Accommodation choices: all-female/all-male or co-ed wings as well as 4 person/single bedroom apartments. Gender inclusive options are available as well-just email the Director of Housing and Residence Life for more information
- Opportunities to participate in the Residence Hall Association (student government)
- All residents have a personal mail box to receive mail
- Laundry facilities within the complex for residents only. Costs are included in housing costs, so no cards or quarters needed
- Minimal housekeeping and cooking means more time to study and play
- No driving to classes in winter weather