Oregon Tech Student Veterans
We are here to assist you in transitioning from military life to student life! Here are the recommended steps to utilize your VA benefit as efficiently as possible:
- Review the VA website and determine which educational benefits (programs/chapter) you are eligible for.
- Get admitted to Oregon Tech. Note: you may only receive VA benefits for two terms without being fully-admitted to Oregon Tech (i.e. a non-degree student).
- Complete VONAPP application or download an application and bring your completed form to the Oregon Tech Financial Aid Office.
- Submit three forms to the Financial Aid Office: Certificate of Eligibility (sent via mail after VA application has been processed), Rights and Responsibilities Form, and the Veterans Certification Form (submitted each term before classes begin).
- Chapter 30 and 1606 students must verify enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, WAVE. This generates your VA payment.
Note: Check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is our official means of communication. Remember-VA will only pay for courses that apply to your specific Oregon Tech program!
The Oregon Tech Student Veterans Program offers a Veteran's Lounge, located at the Klamath Falls campus in the College Union. The lounge provides a relaxing atmosphere and is staffed with office personnel that are well versed in most VA benefit programs including: education, disabilities, and online VA form guidance. Other lounge amenities include:
- Opportunity to connect with other student veterans
- Network computers and printers
- Private study stations
Student Veterans benefit at Oregon Tech
Oregon Tech offers unlimited funding for the Yellow Ribbon Program and adheres to the Section 702 Choice Act to benefit out-of-state student veterans.
We now also offer to waive the admission fee entirely (with appropriate military documentation), and offer college credit for military coursework upon receipt of the Evaluation Request.