The 2017/18 LAD scholarship application has closed. Recipients will be notified in June.
About LAD Scholarships
Oregon Tech awards Leadership and Diversity (LAD) Scholarships each year to students who meet the application criteria. Students must not have a bachelor's degree in order to receive an LAD Scholarship. LAD Scholarship recipients are expected to fulfill ten service hours each term, providing leadership and/or promoting diversity in some way at Oregon Tech or in the community.
Leadership and Diversity Scholarships are $2,000 per year for Oregon residents or those attending under the Western Undergraduate Exchange and $3,000 per year for non-residents.
The following criteria are taken into consideration:
- Whether the applicant brings a diverse perspective to the Oregon Tech community.
- The applicant's history of involvement and leadership.
- Whether the applicant is a first-generation college student.
- The applicant's grade point average.
- The applicant's financial need.
- The applicant must not have received a bachelor's degree.
- The applicant must have 90 or fewer Oregon Tech credits at the time of application.
Applicants must be accepted for admissions by the Oregon Tech priority deadline of March 1 for the following Fall term. Students must not have already received a prior Bachelor's Degree. They must also submit the LAD Scholarship Application along with all related scholarship materials as described in the application by April 1.