What is Peer Tutoring?
Peer Tutoring encourages all students to access these free services! Whether you're a straight A student or struggling with your coursework, the center is open for you.
Consider Peer Tutoring as an extension of your classroom and lab course work. Successful students add it to their daily or weekly schedule and make it a personal commitment to visit Peer Tutoring to ask questions and/or receive guidance and feedback on their work.
Peer Consulting is completely free academic tutoring provided by your classmates. Peer Tutors are typically Oregon Tech students who have earned a B or better in the same classes you are taking now.
We offer academic support in most academic subjects including:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Computer Science Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics, Physics with Calculus
- Programming and Software Design
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Software Engineering
Peer Tutoring Services
Most meetings with Peer Tutors are one-on-one, unless you are working on homework or a project with someone else.
There are often available Peer Tutors in the Peer Tutoring Center during business hours. Just ask someone with a blue name badge for help. If no one is immediately available, you may have to wait or make an appointment for another time.
May be arranged for specific meeting times throughout the term, or just before a midterm or final exam.
We have a few Peer Tutors who can provide online tutoring in some subjects, and are available through Peer Tutoring Services (WC) Online. Distance consulting needs may be arranged on a case by case basis.
Register for Tutoring and View the Schedule
TutorMe - 24/7 Online Service for all Subjects
All enrolled students can access the 24 hour service, TutorMe. You can connect with a live tutor in under 30 seconds for over 300 subjects, 24 hours a day 7 days a week – FOR FREE! Their network of over 10,000 tutors are ready to help with any question, no matter how big or small. TutorMe’s Writing Lab allows you to upload any paper and receive feedback within 12 hours. TutorMe is now available through TechWeb.
Heartful Editor - 24/7 Online Writing/ Editing Service
The Oregon Institute of Technology partners with Heartful Editor to provide academic editing support and writing coaching to students.
Heartful Editor's team of caring, supportive, and encouraging academic coaches and editors helps students of all skill and experience levels thrive as academic writers and effect positive change in the community through their scholarship.
Our academic coaches and editors:
- Read and review all documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation, consistency in formatting, and alignment with APA (7th Edition) and campus guidelines.
- Suggest alternative words or phrases, provide guidance on sentence and paragraph structure, and advise on how to better organize ideas and strengthen flow.
- Provide students with an overview of areas that need attention and improvement, as well as recommended revisions.
- Track all edits and changes for the student to review and accept.
- Meet with students via Zoom to discuss feedback face to face, upon request.
Join us every week!
Peer Tutoring is offering drop-in weekly Study Jam events. Stop in and get your homework done and/or ask questions about things that you're working on.
Wednesdays from 5:00pm- 8:00pm (snacks and drinks available)
Saturdays from 10:00am - 2:00pm (coffee and donuts available)