Call, Text, or Chat
"988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States." from 988lifeline.org.
Portland Area Mental Health Emergency Numbers
|Clackamas County Crisis Line||503-655-8585 (ask for a crisis counselor)|
|Multnomah County Crisis Line||503-988-4888|
|Washington County Crisis Line||503-291-9111|
|HelpLine (Substance Abuse Crisis)||800-923-HELP|
|Domestic Violence Hotline||800-799-SAFE|
|www.suicide.org||Suicide Prevention Awareness & Support|
|Portland Women’s Crisis Line||888-235-5333|
Local Emergency Clinics
- Clackamas County Behavioral Health – Centerstone Walk-In Clinic – Mental Health Only. Phone: 503-722-6200.
- Multnomah County Walk-in Clinic – 2415 SE 43rd Ave, Portland, OR. Open 7 am to 10:30 pm, seven days a week.
- Zoom+Care - Provides both primary and urgent care. Phone: 503-608-3085.
- Legacy Meridian Park – Hospital and Emergency Room Services. Phone: 503-692-1212.
Crisis Support Information
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and your safety is at risk, call 9-1-1 immediately or go directly to your local emergency room. If experiencing a non-life threatening mental health crisis, please reference the following information. During daytime hours Monday – Friday, call the Integrated Student Health Center in Klamath Falls at 541-885-1800. If outside of normal office hours, please call the Clackamas County crisis line at 503-655-8585 or go to the Clackamas County Urgent Mental Health Walk-In Clinic. All Oregon Tech students may access the following national crisis line services 24 hours a day: Text-based support at crisistextline.org; National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-SUICIDE; and National Hopeline Network, 1-800-442-HOPE. Students may also access the Ulifeline website, which is dedicated to supporting college students who need help and reducing the risk of suicide among college students.
General Mental Health Resources
- Western Psychological Services – Clinics in multiple Portland metro locations. Services include counseling, psychiatry, medication management, family counseling, and drug & alcohol evaluation/treatment. Phone: different for each location. See website for more information.
- Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare – Multiple Portland locations, mental health counseling, alcohol & drug treatment, gambling addiction treatment. Phone: 503-674-7777.
- CareMark Behavioral Health – Inpatient and outpatient services, affiliated with Adventist Health and Legacy Health. Phone: 503-413-4848.
- Providence Behavioral Health – Individual, family & group therapy; Eating Disorders evaluation & treatment. Multiple locations. Phone: 503-574-9235.
- Wise Counsel & Comfort – Network of private practice therapists at various locations in Portland Metro; multiple specialties; emphasis is on affordable counseling; Phone: 503-282-0182.
- PSU Psychological Service Center – Reduced fee counseling for individuals, couples, and families. Locations downtown Portland and Hillsboro. Phone: 503-235-5333.
- Morrison Center Child & Family Services – Mental health care for children and families. 3344 SE Powell Blvd., Portland, OR 97202. Phone: 503-258-4381.
- Albertina Kerr – Offers a wide range of services for children, families and adults. Includes crisis psychiatric care, home-based therapy for children and families, support for foster families, counselor for children as young as pre-school age. Youth and adult group homes for those with mental illness.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) - Provides detailed information in order to increase understanding of addiction, as well as support for those wanting to make changes in their substance abuse. Offers a 24/7 support line for addiction: 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
- Advanced Recovery Systems - Information and answers for people fighting addiction. Their mission is to "Equip patients and families with the best information, resources and tools to overcome addiction and lead a lifelong recovery." Offers a 24/7 support line for addiction: 844-229-6830.