Dental Hygiene Application - Klamath Falls & Salem Campuses
Dental Hygiene Applications for Fall 2023 now open
Application deadline extended to Sunday, April 2, 2023.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING PRE-DENTAL HYGIENE COURSES,
DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR WINTER TERM GRADES.
Click for application: Dental Hygiene Program application
Dental Hygiene Admission’s Zoom Information Session
Thursday, March 2nd from 4:00-5:00pm (PST)
To RSVP and obtain Zoom link, email Lisa Leonard at email@example.com
NOTE: For pre-requisite courses, please see Pre-Dental Hygiene. Click here, for Pre-Dental Hygiene page .
Transcripts: Please DO NOT send college transcripts to the Dental Hygiene Department.
All transcripts must be sent to the Oregon Tech Office of Admissions. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800)422-2017. To have your application evaluated, transcripts with completed pre-dental hygiene course grades must be sent at the end of Winter Term.
Note: If taking pre-dental hygiene courses in Spring and/or Summer Term, transcripts with grades must also be sent at the end of each of these terms.
Selection for a seat at either program site will be based on the following criteria:
- Oregon Tech General Admissions
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Dental Hygiene program application submitted by March 31, 2023
- Dental Hygiene application fee of $75.00 paid by March 31, 2023
- Overall pre-requisite GPA
- Science & Math pre-requisite courses GPA
- Personal Interview via Zoom on Friday, April 21st (By Invitation Only)
- Invitations will be emailed by April 14th
- Overall transcript review (such as but not limited to: the number of prerequisite courses completed at the time of application and completion of courses beyond pre-requisites)
- Students who have completed at least 50% of pre-requisite courses through Oregon Tech or Chemeketa Community College
Final acceptance of selected students is contingent upon the following:
- Successful completion (C or better) of any prerequisite courses in progress at the time of application by June 15, 2023. This includes DHE 100. The only exception is BIO 233 and MATH 111 or 243 which must be completed by the end of summer term.
- Successful completion of passing background check and drug test.
- Providing proof of all required immunizations.
- Instructions for verification will be provided to students in the dental hygiene program welcome packet.
- Oregon Tech complies with vaccination requirements as outlined for Health Care Workers by the Oregon Health Authority and is subject to change.