Please return the completed form to the TOP Office in one of the following ways:
- In person: Learning Resources Center, 2nd Floor.
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 541-885-1126
- Mail: Oregon Institute of Technology, TOP Office, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
Students must qualify in ONE of the following categories:
- Low Income: Your and your family's taxable income falls below the Department of Education's current low income levels.
- First Generation: Neither of your parents or legal guardians have obtained a Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Student with a disability: You have a documented physical or learning disability.
Students must demonstrate an academic need by meeting one of the criteria below:
- High school GPA of 2.75 or below or
- any SAT subtest score of 500 or below or
- any ACT subtest score of 19 or below or
- placement into any remedial course or
- college cumulative GPA below 2.5, or below level needed to maintain any academic scholarship, or below major program requirements or
- have not attended school for five years or more.
- were former participants is a TRiO program
Note: The above list does not include all possible criteria. Other factors may apply and a student may be deemed eligible at the discretion of the Program Director.
Additionally, students who meet two or more of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- deficits in computer literacy;
- admitted to Oregon Tech as a special admit;
- commute more than 12 miles round-trip to campus;
- four or more withdrawals in the last 3 terms or 2 or more incomplete grades in the last 2 terms;
- course completion ratio of 75% or less over the last 2 terms.
If you are not sure whether you qualify for TOP, please submit the application, and we will be glad to check your eligibility.