Expand Your Knowledge
The overarching purpose of the Oregon Tech Honors Program (OTHP) is to provide Oregon Tech students with a complementary academic curriculum and a collection of extracurricular learning experiences that promote a more well-rounded future career professional, a socially responsible person, and connected and liberally educated student: this is the idea of the professional as a person. A professional, understood in this way, is a person connected to many communities, locally and globally, scholarly and civic-oriented, and is a person who strives to make the most of those connections with others to lead a more meaningful life.
The Honors Program accepts applications each year from January 1st until September 1st. Review begins at the start of Oregon Tech's spring term.
Please contact us with any questions you might have!
Join the Honors Program
How do I know if I'm eligible?
Minimum requirements for admission as a first-time freshman with less than 30 college quarter credits include the following criteria, but do not guarantee admission:
- Eligible students on the Klamath Falls campus may apply.
- Preferred minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
- Examination score: ACT of 26 or higher; SAT of 1800 (on the 2400 scale) or higher
How will I benefit?
- Honors Diploma presented at graduation
- Honors sections of courses taught in innovative ways by select faculty to small groups of students
- Priority registration for all classes
- Advising by Honors Core Faculty mentors who guide students throughout their time at Oregon Tech
- Special activities, retreats, and trips at minimal or no cost to students
- Potential to participate in community service projects