Expand Your Knowledge
The overarching purpose of the Oregon Tech Honors Program (OTHP) is to provide Oregon Tech students with a complementary academic curriculum and a collection of extracurricular learning experiences that promote a more well-rounded future career professional, a socially responsible person, and connected and liberally educated student: this is the idea of the professional as a person. A professional, understood in this way, is a person connected to many communities, locally and globally, scholarly and civic-oriented, and is a person who strives to make the most of those connections with others to lead a more meaningful life.
The Honors Program will be accepting applicants for the 2019-20 Academic year starting on 1/11/19. In the meantime, please contact us with any questions you might have!
Join the Honors Program
How do I know if I'm eligible?
Minimum requirements for admission as a first-time freshman with less than 30 college quarter credits include the following criteria, but do not guarantee admission:
- Eligible students on the Klamath Falls campus may apply.
- Preferred minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
- Examination score: ACT of 26 or higher; SAT of 1800 (on the 2400 scale) or higher
How will I benefit?
- Honors Diploma presented at graduation
- Honors sections of courses taught in innovative ways by select faculty to small groups of students
- Priority registration for all classes
- Advising by Honors Core Faculty mentors who guide students throughout their time at Oregon Tech
- Special activities, retreats, and trips at minimal or no cost to students
- Potential to participate in community service projects