Click to expand the definition according to Oregon Tech's current policy.
- Oregon Tech (OT) will help to ensure that the person who experiences sexual violence is safe, including while the investigation is ongoing. OT will take interim measures as needed.
- OT will respond promptly and effectively to reports of sexual violence.
- If OT knows (or should reasonably know) about possible sexual violence, it will promptly conduct a neutral investigation to determine what occurred and then take appropriate steps to resolve the situation.
- The person who experienced sexual violence will be informed of their options to notify law enforcement. If there is a criminal investigation, OT will continue its efforts to resolve reports promptly and effectively.
- Complainant and Respondent will have timely access to information that will be used in a student conduct hearing.
- Complainant and Respondent will both have the opportunity to have an advisor present, present evidence, and have witnesses speak during disciplinary proceedings.
- Both parties will be informed in writing of the outcome of any OT disciplinary proceeding.
- Both parties have a right to appeal the decision.