Oregon Tech Commitment: Oregon Tech is committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of all forms of exploitation, intimidation, harassment, and sexual harassment which includes sexual violence. Such behaviors are not tolerated by Oregon Tech, and are prohibited by law and Oregon Tech policies.
All of the following options are available to you. You may pursue as many options as you would like at the same time, or as you are ready. Some of the options are confidential. Some are not. If you aren't sure whether you want to report the incident, please talk with a Confidential Resource to find out what your options are.
Integrated Student Health Center Counseling Staff, for Students
Please call to make an appointment in Wilsonville. Students may obtain confidential counseling from Portland-Metro counseling staff Monday & Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 11:00am – 7:30pm; and Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm.
A Safe Place - Family Justice Center for Clackamas County
A Safe Place is a coalition of agencies and partners committed to stopping violence and abuse, where survivors can access various support services in one location.
Oregon Tech Sexual Assault Hotline*
This cellphone is carried by Student Affairs staff 24/7 when classes are in session. The person who answers will assist the caller in getting medical assistance, determining reporting options to both campus and law enforcement, and campus accommodations.
Reporting Options (NON-Confidential*)
There are multiple ways to report on and off campus. Students may report to multiple offices and entities at the same time. If you choose to report, the Title IX Coordinator can answer questions about reporting options. If you need confidential assistance to learn whether you would like to report, please speak with counseling staff at the OT Student Health Center.
Oregon Tech Campus Safety*
For an emergency response, call 911. Please note that OT Campus Safety is located in Klamath Falls, and an in-person response is not available. Officers are on duty 24/7, and are available by phone. If a student does not wish to report to the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Department, they may call Oregon Tech Campus Safety to file a report by phone.
Title IX Office*
This office coordinates campus-based disciplinary processes. The Diversity/Title IX Officer for Oregon Tech oversees Oregon Tech's compliance with federal Title IX requirements and Oregon Tech's sexual misconduct policies. Oregon Tech's Title IX Coordinator is Tanya Coty.
* Oregon Tech will attempt to honor a victim’s request for confidentiality, but cannot guarantee confidentiality given Oregon Tech’s duty to provide a safe, nondiscriminatory environment for all students and staff, including the victim.
Legal Aid Services of Oregon – Portland Regional Office1
Legal help on certain matters (such as restraining orders) for qualifying low-income individuals.
1 Certain restrictions and qualifications for services apply. Call for further information.
- Oregon Tech (OT) will help to ensure that the person who experiences sexual violence is safe, including while the investigation is ongoing. OT will take interim measures as needed.
- OT will respond promptly and effectively to reports of sexual violence.
- If OT knows (or should reasonably know) about possible sexual violence, it will promptly conduct a neutral investigation to determine what occurred and then take appropriate steps to resolve the situation.
- The person who experienced sexual violence will be informed of their options to notify law enforcement. If there is a criminal investigation, OT will continue its efforts to resolve reports promptly and effectively.
- Complainant and Respondent will have timely access to information that will be used in a student conduct hearing.
- Complainant and Respondent will both have the opportunity to have an advisor present, present evidence, and have witnesses speak during disciplinary proceedings.
- Both parties will be informed in writing of the outcome of any OT disciplinary proceeding.
- Both parties have a right to appeal the decision.