Complaint Process

Complaint Process

Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) is committed to addressing student complaints timely and effectively. While Oregon Tech encourages students to work through internal university processes for resolution of their concerns, students may also file external complaints with the persons or agencies identified below.

Complaints regarding accreditation and other quality of education

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
Phone: 425.558.4224

Complaints alleging consumer protection violations

Complaints, Questions, and Concerns Regarding Discrimination or Harassment Based on Protected Class Status

Employees, visitors, or applicants with a complaint, question, or concern about possible discrimination or harassment based on protected class status (e.g., race, color, creed, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, pregnancy, marital or familial status, age, disability, veteran’s status), can contact Maureen De Armond, who serves as the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Affirmative Action Officer, and Title IX Coordinator for Oregon Tech. Maureen can be contacted at, 541.885.1108, or Room 108 of Snell Hall.

Anyone who has a concern that may fall under Title IX protections (e.g., discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression; sexual misconduct; sexual harassment; stalking; dating violence, etc.) should contact Maureen De Armond, as Oregon Tech’s Title IX Coordinator. Maureen can be contacted at, 541.885.1108, or Room 108 of Snell Hall.

Students who have concerns about other possible discriminatory or harassing behavior based on protected class status other than sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression should contact Erin Foley, the Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, at, 541.885.1013, College Union 217.

Complaints regarding distance education

Oregon Tech is an institutional participant in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) which provides resolution of complaints from students in SARA states. Students residing in Oregon or a participating NC-SARA state can file a complaint online.

Students residing in states that are not participating in the NC-SARA initiative should select their state of residence from the drop-down menu (Complaint Resolution Contacts by State section) on the State Authorization page, to be connected with the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides.