2020 Online Symposium
The Student Project Symposium is an event intended to showcase the type of projects that students conduct during their studies at the Oregon Institute of Technology.
The event is held annually towards the end of Spring term at both the Klamath Falls and Portland Metro campuses. It provides an opportunity for students from the different programs to share their work, as well as get to see other projects.
The Symposium includes project posters, and demonstrations. Students, faculty, family members, employers, educational and industrial partners, as well as other members of the public are invited to attend.
The 2020 online symposium will be available June 3rd, 2020 - May 2021.
- 8080 Processor Emulator - Space Invaders - Emulates the 8080 processor, memory, and input with the Space Invaders ROM attached.
- A Study of Learning Community Transformation in a 10-Week Long Intro-Physics Class - This class data suggests a claim: An interactive class helps all students to build relationships with each other, and it will still take more effort (from both instructor and students) to get weaker ones involved in the learning community.
- Ares Controller Integration - development of the Ares game to use wireless controllers allowing multiplayer use
- Automated Smart Blinds - The project requires the team to use at least one microcontroller, some form of wireless communication and two input and two output devices.
- Bike Alarm - This app based bkie alarm system will not only stop opportunists, but the more determined thieves as well.
- BlueBlock - BlueBlock is a device that lies between the user’s computer and monitor, modifying the color of the screen according to the time of day, ambient light, or user preferences.
- Cavity Ring Down Lossmeter - This project set out to build a CRDL instrument that could measure optics at multiple wavelengths with a precision of approximately 20 parts per million.
- Chroma Stream - The Chroma Stream is a lightweight device made as a cost effective solution to assist in differentiating between various colors for painters, individuals who are color blind, printing firms, etc.
- Cool Robot Arm - Design and program of a robot arm
- Converted Gas to Electric Vehicle Restoration with Integrated Solar Utilizing Second Life Batteries - Conversion of a 1987 Volkswagon Golf from gas to electric.
- Cost-Effective Solar Power Vaccine Refrigeration Unit - a working prototype of a solar-powered vaccine refrigeration unit that could be incorporated in the cold chain transport system
- Cyano Bacteria of the Klamath Basin - A study of cyano bacteria in the upper Klamath Lake
- Design of an EMG Signal Conditioning Circuit for Trans-Radial Prostheses - This project conditions the EMG signals from bicep contractions and condenses the circuitry, which can then be housed and transferred into other prosthesis as limb fluctuation occurs.
- Economic Feasibility of Using Wind Energy to Power the Operation of an Offshore Oil Field in Indonesia - Evaluation of windpower for off shore oil production
- Electric Boat - developed to reduce pollution in natural waterways
- Electronic Directory Board - upgraded directory board for the lower floor of Purvine Hall at OIT.
- Emergency Deployable Ventilator - In response to shortages anticipated in the covid-19 pandemic a emergency ventilator was developed
- Enigma Replica - Working replica of the enigma encryption machine
- EZ-Git - EZGit uses the power of Git to help users keep track of changes made in various project related files
- Food Dehydrator - Quick and safe design of drying food in the sun
- Highly Efficient Solar-Powered Desalination System for Irrigation - current technologies for general solar desalination devices
- Inflight Drone System - Development of a drone attachment that collects data such as altitude
- Krono - Krono is an Android app used to construct plans of activities for your day to day life.
- Laser Rangefinder Using Time-of-Flight Method - Laser rangefinders are a type of LIDAR (light detection and ranging) device used to measure the distance to a target object.
- Lorelines - Lorelines helps users develop storyboards
- Optimizing RFID Antenna - Optimization of RFID antenna to better track suckerfish
- Mechanical Standup Wheelchair - development of a low cost mechanical wheelchair assisting users.
- Pantry Aid - PantryAid is a tool designed around using the ingredients in your pantry to find recipes that you can make.
- Peer Consulting Scheduler - The Peer Consulting Scheduler Redesign project is a website produced with the intent to replace the current Peer Consultant Scheduling page on the OIT website.
- Peer Consulting Sign In Software - Locally housed software for signing in at the peer consulting center at Oregon Tech
- Photogrammetry UAV with Tracking Antenna - Design and build a modular based Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with photogrammetry capabilities to digitally reconstruct a specific area of interest into a 3D map model.
- Raspberry Radio - Raspberry Radio is a compact and power efficient car key fob relay.
- Ride or Drive - carpooling mobile application designed to help OIT students to and from campus
- Robosub: computer vision system for autonomous underwater vehicle - artificial intelligence aided computer vision system for an autonomous submarine
- Seismometer - an earthquake indicator for home and industry
- Sky Sprinkler - Sky Sprinkler is a flyable drone that is used to apply a hydrophobic solution onto windows
- Solar Powered Induction Stove - Portable solar powered induction stove
- Solar Powered Vaccine Dispenser - Vaccine dispenser and storage device powered by the sun
- Temper-Sure - digital controlled shower allows users to set a desired temperature of their shower
- Thermo Forming Machine - the development of a thermoforming machine to mold plastics in the manufacturing process
- Time-of-Flight Laser Rangefinder - Laser rangefinders are a fundamental stepping stone to LiDAR technology, which is ubiquitous in terrain mapping, distance measurement, AI vision, and autonomous drones and vehicles.
- TraderInvader - virtual stock trading game that simulates the real world stock market.
- Transitions Community Health Project 2019-2020 - Our team project was to work with the students who attend the Klamath County and City Transition’s schools by providing oral health education, screenings, x-rays, comprehensive dental exams, dental cleanings and fluoride varnish treatments.
- Wireless Charger - The goal of creating wireless chargers is to replace wired chargers