Oregon Tech Student Veterans
- Review the VA website and determine which educational benefits (programs/chapter) you are eligible for.
- Get admitted to Oregon Tech. Note: you may only receive VA benefits for two terms without being fully-admitted to Oregon Tech (i.e. a non-degree student).
- Complete VONAPP application or download an application and bring your completed form to the Oregon Tech Financial Aid Office.
- Submit three forms to the Financial Aid Office: Certificate of Eligibility (sent via mail after VA application has been processed), Rights and Responsibilities Form, and the Veterans Certification Form (submitted each term before classes begin).
- Chapter 30 and 1606 students must verify enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment, WAVE. This generates your VA payment.
Note: Check your Oregon Tech email regularly as this is our official means of communication. Remember-VA will only pay for courses that apply to your specific Oregon Tech program!
Get Involved on Campus
- Oregon Tech Student Veterans Program members are dedicated to satisfying the needs of any veteran of the Oregon Tech community during and after their time as a student, staff, or faculty
- Outstanding Student Veteran Award annually recognizes a student veteran who has been involved on campus or in the local community, and has helped make a positive difference for students who are veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Veteran Action Committee meets every other month to bring ideas together on how to best serve our student veteran population on campus
- Opportunity to connect with other student veterans
- Network computers and printers
- Private study stations
Student Veterans benefit at Oregon Tech
We now also offer to waive the admission fee entirely (with appropriate military documentation), and offer college credit for military coursework upon receipt of official transcripts.