- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, with a minimum 3.00 GPA for the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of coursework.
- GRE scores are required.
- Personal Essay: Your personal essay is an opportunity for you to tell us about yourself, your interest in becoming a marriage and family therapist and why Oregon Tech's MS MFT program is a good fit for you. It's also an opportunity for you to demonstrate your writing skills.
- In a personal essay of no more than 1500 words, using APA format, please address the following:
- Who are you? How have your life experiences shaped you?
- Why do you want to become a marriage and family therapist? Why now?
- Why is Oregon Tech's MFT program of interest to you?
- What are your academic strengths and challenges? Discuss your skills as an active critical learner, your ability to write, and your ability to participate in experiential learning.
- How do you want to contribute to the field upon completing your degree?
Resume Example:Graduate School Application Resume Example
- To be completed by persons who are professionally qualified to recommend you for the field of professional mental health care / marriage and family therapy. Letters of recommendation from friends or relatives are not acceptable.
Acceptance into the MS MFT program is conditional upon passing a formal criminal background check.