TOP: TRIO Student Support Services
Current TOP students:
- Students will meet with their TOP Academic Specialists for regular advising appointments via phone, Zoom, text and e-mail.
- Tutoring services will be provided by the Peer Consulting Center online via Zoom. Read more.
- Peer mentoring will be provided to current TOP students via text, e-mail and Zoom.
- Academic workshops will be delivered in a webinar and video format.
- Extra-curricular social events will be conducted via social media. Detailed communication regarding these efforts will be sent to all current TOP students' e-mails.
- All TOP staff is available to assist students during regular work hours, Monday - Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Please use the contact section below reach out to any of the staff members.
- Please use the "Apply" button below to submit a PDF application online.
- Once submitted, our staff will contact your within a week to notify you of the next steps.
- If you have any questions about your TOP application, please contact: Sarah Engelgau at 541 851 5179 or email@example.com.
We power the potential of first-generation students, low-income students, and students with disabilities. Our dedicated staff provides services and support in the following areas:
- One-on-one and group tutoring
- Academic, career, and financial aid planning
- Peer mentoring and networking with other students
- College success classes, faculty-led sessions, and workshops
- Assistance with applying for financial aid, scholarships, and grants
- Community building and cultural events
The Summer Bridge program is designed to help non-traditional and transfer students transition to Oregon Tech. This free program takes place just before the start of the fall term and offers a great opportunity to meet Oregon Tech faculty, staff and students.
Student Success Seminars
Freshmen in TOP participate in a three-term student success seminar intended to foster their transition to Oregon Tech. The class is offered at no cost to students.
We offer a wide variety of workshops on topics from financial literacy, study skills, and academics to career planning and professional development. We strive to offer at least one workshop a week throughout the academic year.
TOP students can access money management, budgeting, and financial planning tools and tips through the Owls' Worth Program. Additionally, TOP students have free access to SALT, which provides financial tutorials, templates, and strategies tailored specifically for college students.
Meet TOP Graduates
Meet TOP Staff
Zach Jones, Program Director
I help students power their potential by listening, guiding, opening doors, and promoting self-advocacy. As a first-generation college student and former TRIO student, I recognize firsthand the transformative power that TOP and programs like it possess in helping students achieve their personal and professional goals. So, I’m really excited to ‘pay it forward’ by continuing to support students throughout their journey here at Oregon Tech.
I have a bachelor’s degree in History from Western Oregon University and a master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Portland State University. Born and raised in Coos Bay, OR, in my free time, I love to play guitar, kayak the Klamath Basin, and explore southern Oregon with my partner and my french bulldog, Wesley.
Brianna Schwenk, Academic Specialist
I work side by side with students to encourage and support them through their time at Oregon Tech. I am passionate about empowering students to reach their potential.
Sarah Engelgau moved to Klamath Falls from Portland when she was three years old. She has a seven year old daughter that keeps her busy, and on her toes all of the time. She is currently attending school for accounting at Klamath Community College and her goal after she’s finished at KCC is to continue her education with the online program through Oregon State University for business administration.
She absolutely loves Oregon, and enjoys being in the outdoors any chance she gets. She loves to travel with her daughter, and take her to new places, even if it’s a quick day trip somewhere. During her free time she enjoys photography, and spending time with her family. She is very glad for the opportunity to be a part of the Oregon Tech team, and excited for a new adventure.